Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Last Night's Visitor.......




Just before we went to bed, Gary noticed this "lovely" fellow in our house, just outside our bedroom. I think he is a Brown Zebra Tarantula......Not a good way to start a peaceful nights sleep. I woke up all through the night feeling like something was crawling on me (active imagination) and checked the bed at least three times with a flashlight.




Just to show it's not all gross creatures (did I mention the scorpion the size of a newborn kitten hiding in Nikki's toys) I have also included a picture of "Fred" our resident iguana who lives in our courtyard and can often be seen on the ground munching mouthfuls of lush green leaves. He is extremely nervous though and moves with incredible speed back up the wall if we move towards him.




We also have a possum but we haven't been able to get a shot out of her yet! So it's not all bad....but come on, a tarantula! You have to freak out a little.........

No comments: